INFOGRAPHICS: Cosmetics retail market in Poland. Summary of 2017More information on this topic is presented in the PMR report:
- The market is strongly dominated by foreign cosmetics chains, led by Rossmann. Rossmann has more than 22% of the market and the top 10 retailers account for 52%.
- The most preferred promotion types are “Buy one, get another one for free” (46%) and price discounts (44%), a PMR survey carried out as part of this report has found.
- The categories expected to make the biggest market share gains between 2017 and 2023 are colour cosmetics (up by 2.1 percentage points) and perfumes (+1.8 p.p.), followed by dermocosmetics (+0.3 p.p.)
- Body care and bath & shower products make up the biggest segment of the cosmetics market in Poland, accounting for 24.7% of the total in 2017.
- A survey carried out by PMR in January 2018 on a purposive sample of Poles who purchased cosmetics in the 30 days prior to being interviewed found that the proportion who use cosmetics stores are their main channel for buying cosmetics varies from 50% in the case of perfume purchases to 72% in the case of makeup products.
- Cosmetics stores/drugstores are the biggest channel – 44.6%
- Discount stores rank second with an almost 12% share.
More information on this topic is presented in the PMR report:
Cosmetics retail market in Poland 2018. Market analysis and development forecasts for 2018-2023